Laboratory Purchasing Manager
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a rapidly growing and highly successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research. NYSCF is seeking a Laboratory Purchasing Manager to join NYSCF. The Laboratory Purchasing Manager will be responsible for driving the timely order and receipt of NYSCF's lab supplies, services and general operations supplies. Responsibilities include working with the Laboratory Operations and Finance & Operations teams to strategize the purchase of cost-effective supplies and services, create and track Purchase Orders (POs), track and follow-up on orders placed, and thus enable the NYSCF staff to receive what they require to fulfill NYSCF's mission. This position will report to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer and will be supervised by the Senior Director, Project Management and Lab Operations and work closely with the Lab Operations team, Finance & Operations team, and scientists/engineers. This is a full-time position during normal operating hours Monday - Friday from 9:30am - 5:30pm. The level and compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devise and use effective sourcing and category management strategies.
- Utilize the order request site, Quartzy, and follow-up with requested orders that require supervisor approval in accordance with established authorization protocols.
- Produce purchase orders (POs).
- Coordinate and provide new vendor request information to the Finance team.
- Track POs during approval process and minimize delays.
- Place orders by PO or corporate card (if required) and update order requests.
- Communicate to relevant staff any pertinent information relating to the request; anticipate unfavorable events (backorders, cancellations, missed deliveries) and prepare control strategies.
- Finalize purchase/receipt details of orders and coordinate with Lab/General Operations team for preparation of deliveries.
- Collaborate with Finance and Lab Operations teams to secure advantageous terms and potential savings opportunities with external vendors.
- Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to assist in performance of supplier due diligence and qualification verification.
- Provide necessary backup to Lab/General Operations teams for AMEX reconciliation.
- Analyze purchasing/inventory data and recommend and implement strategies for streamlining processes (i.e. setting up standing orders, etc.)