The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the overall function of all operations of the Satellite Northeast Laboratory at LABS, Inc. in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Human Resource guidelines. This includes all testing areas within the laboratory and personnel. The Northeast laboratory testing includes serologic and molecular evaluation for infectious disease and molecular evaluation of HLA typing for potential organ donors. This position is responsible for the safety, compliance and productivity of the laboratory operations as well as the timely release of test results. The Northeast Laboratory Manager is also accountable for financial and budgetary oversight of the laboratory. This position will interact with all departments to ensure the necessary steps are taken to provide accurate, timely results in a cost effective manner.
As an active member of the LABS Management Team, work collaboratively with Team members to develop long and short term planning tactics, strategies and goals in conjunction with overall company mission, strategic business plan and corporate goals. Continuously support and enhance LABS Value-based culture in all practices and programs. Communicate the management philosophy to all employees. Implement and modify plans as necessary. Manage the daily operations to ensure defined processes resulting in compliant, accurate, and time test results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement and implement positive changes to processes, equipment, facility and supplies.
- Manage personnel and develop a successful, professional team by mentoring, coaching, staff training, recruitment, and performance management.
- Direct adherence to quality processes and scheduling efficiency while maximizing the utilization of resources to satisfy testing requirements and demand.
- Initiate and manage cost savings opportunities across the company. Utilize lean principles to reduce or eliminate waste to obtain the most efficient ultimate cost to meet company’s business objectives while simultaneously maintaining effective service to all clients
- Participate and support other duties and projects as needed or assigned by Executive Leadership Team and/or President/CEO.