This is an entry level position and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for a biotech lab setting. The position is expected to follow detailed instructions and established procedures with frequent supervision.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
This position will perform a variety of laboratory procedures to support Upstream Process Development, Downstream Process Development, Cell Line Development, Analytical Development, Quality Control, Molecular Biology, or cGMP Manufacturing. The position will perform daily work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner.
Advanced Delivery Technologies (ADT)
- B.S/B.A. in Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, or related field with no previous industry laboratory experience
- Associates Degree/Certificate/D?iploma? in laboratory science with minimum of 2 years experience in a laboratory
- At least 0-2 years in a biotech laboratory setting
- Preferred - Experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting stirred vessel bioreactors and/or protein purification and/or molecular biology cloning and sequencing techniques and/or protein analysis procedures
- Preferred - Aseptic technique experience
- Preferred - Mammalian cell culture experience
- Good documentation practices, cGMP preferred
- Experience following standard operating procedures
- General laboratory equipment experience, including micropipettes
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to perform a variety of simple laboratory tasks
- Ability to perform daily work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner with frequent supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
- Ability to cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame
- Ability to maintain batch records and/or laboratory notebook and complete all laboratory documentation in clear and accurate language and according to SOP
- Ability to attend training and apply learning on routine operation, maintenance and theory or laboratory instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to communicate project status to project leader
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and other office systems
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen, reaching with hands and arms, talking, writing,
- Occasional bending, grasping, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Working in a lab environment will require working with skin irritants, lung irritants, electrical equipment, sharp instruments, toxic materials, and hazardous waste. Safety procedures will be followed to minimize exposure.
- Performance driven
- Customer focused
- Collaborative and inclusive
- Safety focused
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,500 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at nearly 30 facilities across 5 continents and in Fiscal 2013 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to [email protected]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.