Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
Perform laboratory and related work such as weighing materials, mixing chemicals, performing calculations and routine tests, preparing flow cytometry specimens, assist in cell selections, and cleaning, operating and performing minor maintenance on laboratory equipment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The incumbent works under the close supervision of the Lab Manager or other lab personnel.
- Perform flow cytometry stains.
- Assist research scientists and research technicians in preparing laboratory equipment, apparatus and chemicals for experiments and cell selections.
- Assist in cell selections.
- Maintain various databases.
- Make, weigh and dilute solutions according to specific instructions.
- Inventory chemicals, supplies and equipment. Order laboratory equipment and supplies as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance and repair of laboratory apparatus and instruments.
- Set up and calibrate laboratory apparatus and instruments; read and record instrument data; enter and tabulate data; keep laboratory records.
- Wash and clean laboratory areas and equipment.
- Assist with library research and clerical work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One year of college courseware emphasizing laboratory science or equivalent or one year experience as a Laboratory Tech I or equivalent. College level chemistry courses preferred.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE