At Assurex The Laboratory Technologist I is responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting of test results according to laboratory procedures. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
- Acquire and maintain competency by participating in required training and continuing education activities before and after starting new procedures.
· Perform laboratory testing according to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient's test results.
· Participate in testing of proficiency testing samples in same manner as patient samples.
· Adhere to laboratory quality control and quality assurance procedures, document all necessary quality control and quality assurance activities.
· First pass data review.
· Follow the laboratory's established corrective action policies whenever test systems are not within laboratory established performance specification.
· Recognize potential and existing problems that may adversely affect results of patient testing. Correct the problem immediately or notify appropriate personnel per laboratory processes.
· This position may operate with some supervision.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or higher in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry or chemical engineering, biological or other physical science
· One year of experience in a laboratory, quality assurance or CLIA/FDA regulated environment.
· Ability to work on-site
· Work 2nd shift from 1 –9:30 pm and is subject to Saturday hours if applicable or needed or as assigned by Supervisor.
· Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks correctly and consistently
· Follow all rules and regulations and adhere to the highest ethical standards
· Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
· Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
· Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
· Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
· Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
At Assurex the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.