Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-CA-San DiegoCategory Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 1 day ago
Shift/Schedule MTWThF 8:00A-12:00P (United States of America)
The Lab Technician performs preparatory work and basic manufacturing functions for the production of oligonucleotides and aides the department with general laboratory maintenance.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Maintains accurate and detailed product and instrument records
- Maintains inventory control by performing appropriate transactions
- Performs lab cleaning and decontamination protocols
- Communicates with all levels of peers and management
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Stocks lab items as needed
- Follows documented work instructions and aids
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Previous laboratory and chemical handling experience preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Manages time to achieve the best productivity possible
- Ability to measure and handle materials in safe and accurate manner
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to use aids and work instructions effectively to perform job functions
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
- Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.