To provide support for the Research & Development department by completing the following duties.
- Daily Calibration of all instruments such as balances and pH meter
- Perform the weighing of R&D batches
- Maintain inventory of all raw materials
- Maintain inventory of components
- Requesting raw materials from Amityville or Somerset whenever inventory is low for materials that are requested
- Prepare, label, organize and maintain files of raw material COA of the materials received
- Prepare, label, organize and maintain files of components COC received
- Place R&D batches in stability chamber
- Organize meetings with Formulators regarding the need for any raw materials and components
- Physical testing of products whenever required such as pH, osmolality, specific gravity, if required
- Assemble the equipment for R&D batch manufacturing and dissemble equipment for cleaning.
- Washing and maintenance of the tank, homogenizer, and mixers.
- Washing all the glassware and the pots etc.
- Helping formulator in batches manufactured in the tank
- Working and washing the machines in the formulation department such as filling and crimping machine for the plastic and metal tubes
- Filling/ Packaging the tubes whenever required to place in stability
- Filling/packaging liquids into bottles whenever necessary
- Be able to lift 40 kg weight of drum when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to life 40 kg weight of drum when required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree (A. A.) in physical or life sciences. High School diploma with at least two years of related experience may be acceptable.
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The individual must be able to work in a laboratory environment and be able to safely handle standard laboratory reagents. The individual must have sufficient manual dexterity to perform precision measurements and manipulate delicate equipment and glassware.
The individual must have adequate visual abilities for using burettes, volumetric glassware and other types of laboratory equipment.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.