A Lab Technician position is available in the Diaz Laboratory at UCSF. The technician will assist in single-cell sequencing assays, using state-of-the-art, single-cell microfluidic capture and next-generation sequencing technologies.
The specific duties of the Data Scientist will include:
- Microfluidic single-cell capture using the Fluidigm C1
- Sequencing library preparation
- Execution of a bioinformatics preprocessing pipeline on the sequenced reads
- Careful sample annotation and record keeping
- Other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications for the Data Scientist are a BS or MS degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline. The ideal candidate will have experience in molecular laboratory techniques, and bioinformatics analyses. Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- Cover letter, detailing experience in molecular biology and bioinformatics. Please indicate your preferred start date.