Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university
Lab experience preferred
- Adhere to established laboratory policies in areas of procedures, methods, quality control, quality assurance, safety, compliance and personnel policies.
- Assume responsibility for first-line supervision on a temporary basis as delegated.
- Conduct, direct or assist with test development and methodology/equipment evaluation, selection and implementation.
- Follow established procedures for the collection and processing of specimens for analysis including the appropriateness and stability of the sample.
- Interact with all laboratory customers courteously and professionally; respond to telephone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, and instruments and their interrelationships as well as physiological conditions affecting test results.
- Operate and maintain equipment within the scope of training utilizing defined schedules and written instructions to perform quality control checks, preventive maintenance, and calibration. Perform minor repairs.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analytical procedures according to established protocols with precision and accuracy in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recognize critical, abnormal and unacceptable test results and follow-up according to established protocols.
- Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and initiate the necessary corrective action according to established protocols. Identify problems with instrumentation, methodology, specimens, supplies, or results and take action as outlined in predetermined protocols.
- Use reagents and supplies in a cost-effective manner; monitor and maintain an appropriate supply inventory.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience