Our Lab Supervisor will be responsible for facilitating ongoing research activities including, but not restricted to, being an active member of our team in examining the condition of the specimen received and evaluation of the quality of the specimen using appropriate methods in immunohistochemistry and histopathology.
The successful candidate will be a high energy, confident individual possessing strong analytical skills, proven experience managing confidential information in a professional manner and able to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing to the team.
- Maintaining CLIA standards and certification;
- Maintaining log entries, quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment functionality through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting, calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures, monitoring quality control measures and protocols to ensure proper functioning of the lab.
- Supervising laboratory personnel to ensure compliance to good laboratory practices.
- Planning and organizing work schedule in coordination with other lab members.
- Carrying out histo-pathological and immune-histochemical analyses on tissues, as required.
- Coordinating with team members for an accurate preservation of data from the experiments performed in the facility.
- Diligent in proper handling of all reagents related to your routine activities. Additionally, maintaining the record of the daily utilization of reagents and informing scientists about the stock balance whenever required.
- Documenting and improvement of the protocols/SOPs (both technical and instrumental) required by the Cancer Biology division.
- Preparing accurate analysis, documentation, storage and presentation of data at internal meetings when required.
- Maintaining accurately lab notebooks, logbooks, usage charts for the equipment coming under histo-pathologyscope, as well as the file records and entries of sample inflow from the various hospitals (Sample Log Book) for various cancer indications subjected for ex vivo studies.
- Independently handling newly assigned tasks with utmost care and enriching your scientific capabilities by thorough literature search and through guided implementation of ideas after interrogation with your senior members in the scientific experimentation, as well as in the knowledge based-project management.
- Collaborating with team members for bringing strategic solutions for ongoing problems and developing new tools.
- Working closely with your own, as well as other team members or Scientists/ Investigators/Laboratory Director, to forge effective collaborations in order to insure a steady stream of high quality discovery projects per the company’s portfolio.
- Following lab policy for data retrieval, record keeping, specimen requisition and identification/de-identification, reporting, charting and billing/budgeting procedures.
- Participating in QC/QI for area of specialty and Lab indicators.
- Establishing and maintaining a routine documented schedule of quality control and quality assurance, including satisfying the external quality control procedures.
- Maintaining medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards (IQ/OQ/PQ/AMC) and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Complying with laboratory Quality Assurance Procedures & Ensuring Quality, Accuracy, TAT are maintained as per norms.
- Assisting Group leader/Director/Principal Scientist to meet regularly with employees on an individual basis to provide constructive feedback, performance evaluations, goals and plans.
- Participating actively in Journal Clubs and other scientific forums for the continuous update on ongoing research activities.