Sorenson Genomics, a leader in DNA testing, is seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to supervise the daily activities for its clinical and relationship testing laboratory. The ideal candidate will have a passion for science and positive energy to provide leadership to our laboratory team, as well as the technical experience to work at the bench when necessary. We offer a full benefits package including Health, Dental, Life, Disability and 401(k). This position supervises the 12:30-9:00 shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the daily operations of the DNA extraction, genotyping (STR and SNP), and sequencing core laboratory processes
- Hiring and supervising laboratory personnel
- Working with robotics and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Working with vendors and the Quality Control department to ensure rapid troubleshooting on equipment repairs
- Troubleshooting and assisting in the lab (including at the bench) as needed
- Performing other duties as required