Wei Lü, Ph.D., will be joining VARI in January 2017. Dr. Lü’s research will primarily use single particle cryo-EM, together with other biophysical techniques, to study the structure and mechanism of transmembrane receptors on sensory neurons. These receptors are important targets for the development of novel drugs against neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s disease. VARI has state of the art electron microscopes (Titan Krios, Talos Arctica) and detectors (K3, Falcon3).
Dr. Lü is actively seeking a talented Lab Manager, to start in January/February 2017. You will be key in orchestrating and conducting research in his lab.
You would be tasked to:
- Manage and handle the day-to-day operational activities of the laboratory
- Participate in and facilitate staff laboratory research projects
- Successfully execute his/her own projects
- Contribute in managing grants and laboratory budgets
- Provide mentorship for new and more junior staff