Under the supervision of the lab manager, process samples for high throughput “next generation” sequencing (ex. Illumina HiSeqs) and microarray analysis.
- Process RNA and DNA for Illumina next generation high throughput DNA sequencing applications including mRNA-Seq, de novo and resequencing, sequence capture, miRNA and methylation assays.
- Operate and maintain Illumina HiSeq2500, MiSeq and cBOTs.
- Carry out additional tasks on Illumina microarrays given from time to time.
Education & Skills:
BS/MS in molecular biology/ biology/biochemistry with high GPA, and experience in basic molecular biological techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and microarray technology. Proficiency with basic computer programs is preferred. The candidate should have strong interpersonal and customer service skills and have ability to work as a team player and complete tasks within strict rime deadlines.
Additional skills and experience (preferred but not required):
- Experience working in a core or clinical laboratory setting.
- Prior exposure to the molecular biology/instrumentation and sample preparation of next generation sequencing and analysis.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please send cover letter and resume/CV to
Please use the following as the subject line for your email: "Lab co-ordinator II position".