Cures Start Here.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
Careers Start Here.
Our laboratory focuses on how nuclear organization, chromatin structure and gene regulation are linked, with special emphasis on changes that occur with differentiation. The laboratory has multiple scientists that make use of a wide range of in vitro and in vivo systems. Experimental approaches include molecular and cellular biology techniques, biochemistry and microscopy.
We are recruiting a highly motivated individual to spend 10 -15 hours/week assisting with basic lab maintenance, such as replenishing supplies and solutions, and keeping water baths, freezers and tissue culture incubators clean. The position includes opportunities to learn about and discuss on-going lab projects with lab members and if time allows there are opportunities to assist with work on specific projects.
This Aide will work under the direction of multiple laboratory personnel. While the individual is expected to possess basic laboratory skills, such as making stock solutions, he/she will be trained in all of the techniques used in this position. Detailed record keeping is essential. To be successful in this laboratory, the technician must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well within an interactive team environment.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
* Prepare media and stock solutions.
* Check and replenish supplies in the main lab and a tissue culture room.
* Clean and maintain water baths, incubators and defrost/clean freezers
* Maintain a clean and orderly lab area.
* Perform clerical duties as required. Use basic computer skills for record keeping.
* Perform other lab related duties assigned.
* Graduation from High School or equivalent w/ interest in science.
* Comfortable with calculations for media and solution preparation.
* Must be capable of functioning independently, be highly motivated, and reliable.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE