Are you an excellent communicator with passion for science and technology?
Do you have a knack for creative writing and design, with an eye on detail?
Can you translate technical language and jargon for non-scientific audiences?
The GSC is looking to add a Knowledge Translation Coordinator to its Knowledge Translation team. Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Translation, this position will support the development of materials, activities and events that help communicate the GSC’s research projects, collaborations and innovations to a variety of audiences, both scientifically literate and not.
- Coordinate the development of digital and print materials as well as activities and events in collaboration with the Knowledge Translation team, scientists, trainees, project managers and other staff members.
- Write, edit, design and proofread scientific and technical publications, as well as copy for non-scientific audiences including research summaries, web and social media content, multimedia, etc.
- Recommend strategies and develop plans, tools and practices for reaching new audiences in collaboration with the Head of KT and other project and program leaders.
- Monitor status and progress for KT activities to ensure quality and timeliness; provides relevant information and project progress reports.
- Propose and create compelling content (including design materials using Adobe Suite) for the web and social media related to the GSC’s research projects and programs, and technology platforms and services.
- Identify and evaluate objectives and project milestones; flag discrepancies for the attention for the Head of KT.
- Work with client relationship management software (Salesforce) to ensure timely and professional communications with stakeholders about research projects and scientific collaborations.
- Other duties as required.