Key Account Manager (m/f) EMEA Central Territory
Job ID #: 4053
Location: Home Office
Functional Area: Sales
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Are you looking to being inspired? This is a unique opportunity to work for QIAGEN’s Bioinformatics team selling Expression and Pathway Analysis software. This team is dedicated to supporting and growing our IPA (Ingenuity Pathway Analysis) franchise. IPA is a market-leading product with 1000’s of customers worldwide! Our product has been cited in over 12,000 scientific publications and is the most widely recognized product for ‘omics data analysis. This is a special opportunity to MAKE IMPROVEMENTS IN LIFE POSSIBLE. Our products help our customers understand the cause or effect of gene expression changes based on what is known in the literature. With IPA, they can understand the targets and pathways affected by a drug, and can predict the biological impact based on this same information. Our tools help drug discovery scientists and molecular biology researchers make sense of their ‘omics data. By using QIAGEN solutions, our customers can move from SAMPLE TO INSIGHT!
Those with entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to learn, and understanding of life science research, you belong at QIAGEN!
- Drive growth within existing customer base: Grow IPA (Ingenuity Pathway Analysis) business at existing customers. Use technical knowledge, customer focus and sales skills to generate, nurture and close sales opportunities within existing academic and commercial accounts. Develop internal champions to help identify new areas where we can impact the customer’s success with our products. Employ team-selling approach to increase overall business for QIAGEN.
- Increase growth in region by selling QIAGEN products to new customers: Identify prospective new customers by attending tradeshows and networking events. Think creatively about how we can address the needs of the customer with our solutions.
- Manage Sales Process: Drive sales by partnering with Product Marketing, Sales Development and Support by managing and closing renewals of current business in a timely manner. Qualify new customers in sales funnel to move forward in the sales process. Utilize customer management database to build and monitor sales and forecast. Issue quotes for renewals and new business. Drive sales opportunities to close.
- Sales Reporting: Manage sales in SalesForce.com. Provide accurate and timely forecasts and develop a territory plan and key account plans. Maintain consistent communication with manager.
- Market Domain Expertise: By understanding the role of scientific software in the drug discovery and life science marketplace, you can deliver the highest value to the customer. Leverage knowledge of genomics field to relate to customer challenges and needs.