KBase Project Manager - 82042
Organization: BS-BioSciences Area Office
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, science, or operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges!
Berkeley Lab’s Biosciences Area Office has an opening for a KBase Project Manager. This position will serve as the business process owner of KBase Operational processes and project tracking, performance monitoring and reporting. You will report to the Lead Principal Investigator (PI) of a large multi-Institutional project seeking to enable advanced computational systems biology research in plants, microbes and their communities called the Systems Biology Knowledgebase (KBase).
You will oversee the KBase project management group to provide inter-institutional coordination and communications; clear and concise project tracking dashboards and decision requests to the executive; and provide coherent and clear information to the project PIs, and Laboratory Research Manager (LRM). You will be working collaboratively with the Program Management Team members at Berkeley Lab, Argonne National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Brookhaven National Laboratory collaborating with the LRM, reporting to the Executive Team and Lead PI, and communicating decisions to the project performers.
Program Manager 3
• Coordinate project management team with points of contacts from all National Laboratories, including deliverable tracking, progress reporting, and team management needs with Production lead, and Implementation Planning Team. Escalate issues as necessary to Executive team.
• Collaborate with the LRM and Implementation Planning Team to ensure effective utilization of team resources to meet needs of project deliverables and to formulate solutions to problems identified for evaluation by the Executive Committee.
• Manage tracking of all deliverables, development activities via JIRA software issue tracking system and gitHub code management systems.
- Collect reportable data from institutional project management team members and JIRA.
- Coordinate report information from user-engagement teams running help desk and user testing to create reports measuring responsiveness to user-requests/requirements.
- Coordinate report information from platform operations team to evaluate system performance including uptime, usage metrics and user metrics.
- Summarize these into informal monthly status report presented to LRM and Lead PI for project tracking and to the Executive Committee for decision making.
- Assist in using these materials to prepare formal reports for Department of Energy (DOE) as required.
• Ensure compliance with process as outlined in the KBase project guides.
• Attend key meetings with DOE officials and visit other project sites at other National Laboratories at least once a year to interface directly with other project teams.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Program Manager 4 will:
• Overall leadership of the project management team.
• Responsibility for strategic planning of the project to include timelines and measurement of project goals.
• Identifying potential funding sources and implements new programs.
• Serve as a primary contact to external agencies and Lab management.
• Overall responsibility for Project budget.
• Report formally to the Executive Committee and PI team monthly. Informal and critical reports are expected every week.