The IT Business Partner, BD Genomics will be responsible for directly supporting the Genomics business with the following activities: escalation point of user issues, contributing to technology solutions in line with Genomics strategic direction, and driving successful project implementations. Global experience is a plus given that the Genomics business currently has sites in both Menlo Park, CA and Limerick, Ireland and business growth through acquisitions on a global level will continue.
BD is a global leader in characterizing and isolating single cells for analysis, with more than 30 years of experience in developing cell sorting technologies, known collectively as flow cytometry.The Genomics business is setting the stage for the next generation of commercial tools in the field of single cell genomic analysis, widely acknowledged by leading academic and industry researchers as the next frontier of biological discovery and clinical advancement.By working with the Genomics business, the IT Business Partner, BD Genomics will be supporting an exciting and dynamic business that’s truly on the cutting edge of technology.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- ·Project experience, including Operations/Logistics/Order Fulfillment for small to medium Sell Side projects
- ·Strong business analysis skills
- ·Capability to partner with the business and jointly develop technology enabled solutions
- ·A good understanding of the Agile methodology
- ·Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
- ·Management skills and capacity to direct, coach and act as a mentor
- ·Excellent written and oral communication and the ability to communicate effectively with both non-technical business users and technical IT developers.
- ·Ability to collaborate with and when needed drive solutions with business team
- ·Ability to successfully interface with sales, marketing, purchasing, customer support and third party manufacturers to coordinate order fulfillment
- ·Ability to work in diverse environment with associates from a variety of backgrounds which may require diplomacy at time to get work completed
- ·Ability to take initiative to address business problems and really own the process while helpingdrive process adoption within the business
- ·Ability to work with businessto develop systems for data collection and tracking
- ·Ability to be a lead contributor in development of business strategy
- ·Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in small company but can interface with a large one
- ·Preference will be given to candidates who have acquisition integration experience
- Minimum 15 years ERP experience (ex: SAP SD/LE experience)
- Extensive experience working with business leaders on IT and process projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, IT or similar field of study
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Interdependency Management
- Business Acumen
- Effective leadership and work delivery through others
- Experience with NGS instrumentation (Next Generation Sequencing instruments) is a PLUS.
- Eperience with Kenandy is a plus.