Maintains the system and process to support all functions of shipping of all materials and products Internationally. In addition supports the warehouse and receiving functions. Provides efficient and traceable movement of outbound company products using company ERP system. Provides an efficient support of all the administrations relating to shipping rules regulations and documentation to ensure dispatch of product to meet customer deadlines. Follows PerkinElmer Safety policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Operations Manager for Diagnostics.
- Perform receipt of shipping functions and ensure proper transactions are performed in ERP System.
- Highlight purchase order, sales order, Production order and RMA discrepancies ensuring resolution.
- Knowledge in packing techniques required by various customer standards, for packages and crates.
- Knowledge in hazardous material receiving & shipping and DOT requirements.
- Liaise and coordinate information regarding freight forwarding scheduling material movement.
- Perform shipping transaction in ERP system ensuring accuracy of Data entry, matching of purchase order information to shipping information.
- Prepare documentation for shipping packages and containers for domestic or international destinations; ensuring address labels, shipping account details, packing lists, International customs documents are complete and accurate for the type of shipment.
- Adhere to U.S Export regulation and Import clearance regulations.
- Liaise with carriers to coordinate material pick-ups ensuring customer deadlines are satisfied.
- Liaise with internal functions such as receiving, IQA, purchasing, material planning, manufacturing and engineering with regard to the receipt or dispatch of expedited items.
- Liaise with customs broker to clear shipments from customs.
- Maintain files of packing documents/shippers documents/Custom documents.
- Maintain data logs for shipments as required.