Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. The Clinical Genomics Group uses the company's latest technological innovations in next generation sequencing and array-based technology to provide clinical laboratory tests that have a significant impact on patients' lives. We are customer-focused and excel at producing accurate and timely results to aide in the diagnosis of rare genetic diseases and help future parents make informed choices. We’ve built a culture fueled by collaboration and openness, and are deeply passionate about our work as we know we improve countless lives every day.
Inventory Analyst 2 manages daily inventory activities from put-away to inventory issuing. The Analyst is responsible for maintaining accuracy, quality of the inventory and balancing end-user needs to cost. The person in this position will be responsible for leading cycle counts, performing and reconciling inventory discrepancies. The Inventory Analyst 2 manages the buffer report and stocking the lab to avoid stock-outs. This position is located in Redwood City, CA. Saturday shifts may be required.
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- Inventory put-away and issue to the labs
- Liaise and communicate inventory requirement and issues with the labs, planning and purchasing
- Manage stock levels in warehouse and work in progress areas in the lab
- Quarantine and Release materials and prepare labels
- Manage daily inventory buffer levels
- Perform analyses of inventory and prepare reports
- Conduct physical inventories, cycle counts and correct cycle count discrepancies
- Support Warehouse responsibilities such as Receiving, Fulfillment, Scrapping
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in inventory control; preferably for a biotech or life sciences company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Well organized
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to communicate and interact with diverse groups of people
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience in using equipment such as forklift, pallet jack
- Require knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP applications such as SAP is a plus
- ISM CPM or CPSM certified or APICS CPIM certified is a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. Having built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, we’ve established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue; we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. That’s why MIT ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.