Reporting to the Director of International Business Development, the International Technical Sales Representative is responsible for selling OneOme's pharmacogenomics testing products and services in Europe. This position will work closely with the Director of International Business Development, the International Medical Director, Client Services, Marketing, Product Development, and Laboratory Operations to ensure successful product introduction, product improvement, logistics support and outstanding provider and patient experience. Additionally, this position will develop and execute a regional sales plan, maintain a sales pipeline & generate sales forecasts.
Individuals suitable for this position will be dynamic and team-oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be adaptable to varying work hours (including early mornings and late evenings), have a demonstrated track record of above-plan performance and have excellent time management skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of 5 years selling molecular diagnostics/medical devices/genomics products internationally and experience introducing new products and concepts to an international market. Given the dual nature of this role as a technical sales representative, a pharmacy degree (PharmD equivalent) or a pharmacology degree (MSc or higher) is preferred. This is a contract position.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients & stakeholders in assigned accounts
- Achieve sales volumes and revenue as set forth by OneOme leadership
- Provide high level clinical support to customers in region as part of standard account management
- Work with Medical Director and other OneOme clinical team members to identify client training needs
- Manage a large number of client accounts and sales opportunities against sales plan
- Drive adoption of PGx by taking customers through the sales cycle: provide product demonstrations and clinical team training, execute commercial agreements, provide logistics support, coordinate ongoing clinical support
- Outbound account management: develop innovative ways to grow existing accounts through team training initiatives, educational testing initiatives, webinars, etc. Identify barriers to account growth
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the customer database (CRM)
- Deliver on-site and virtual presentations to multiple decision-makers within a variety of healthcare facilities. This may entail traditional sales presentations as well as presentations to a clinical audience.
- Attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge
- Travel to client sites or medical conferences will be required (no more than 70%)
- Participate fully in product training sessions, meetings, skill-building and professional development initiatives
- BSc degree required (PharmD equivalent degree or pharmacology degree preferred)
- Self-motivated & proactive
- 5-10 years of experience in sales or business development preferred (medical device/MDx/genomics product sales in EU preferred)
- Experience calling on senior-level individuals
- Experience selling into hospitals & health systems considered an asset
- Experience in initiating, managing and closing complex sales
- Track record of above-plan performance
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and task management skills: a demonstrated ability to handle a large volume of accounts and manage time effectively
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Experience using a customer database (Salesforce CRM) preferred
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) required, fluency in German, Dutch, or Spanish an asset
Remote: Germany or the Netherlands. Preference will be given to candidates residing in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich (Germany) and Amsterdam (Netherlands).
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM, with occasional evening, early morning, and weekend availability to support international customers.