Location: US East Coast
Language Requirements: English + Spanish/Portuguese preferred
Invitae is looking for a qualified individual to manage and organically develop the international markets (Europe, Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America). The primary responsibility for the Regional Manager is to develop of Invitae’s international business through direct sales efforts and/or through business partnerships in the region. Primary sales targets are geneticists and genetic counselors. Secondary sales targets include surgical oncologists, cardiologists, neurologists and pediatricians located in private institution, public hospital or academia. If warranted, engage laboratory partnership and/or distributors where needed in each territory. Support any education event or programs required for the region which may include but not limited to training webinars, distributor sales training or conferences. Encourage collaboration with KOLs to strengthen Invitae relationships and influence the medical community. Identify potential clinical partnerships that can assist in strengthening Invitae’s market position globally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Identify and prioritize target regional markets for effective market traction;
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy;
- Develop key strategic partnerships that enable the sales/marketing
- Organically grow sales;
- Identify and develop KOLs who will drive adoption and reimbursement;
- Develop forecasts for short, medium and long-term business and manage to sales goals.
- Provide market intelligence including competitive landscape and market conditions that may influence the community
- Achievement of territory sales objectives; revenue and expenses
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge
- Assist in programs designed to promote or facilitate product sales and the Invitae culture/image
- Participate in cross functional teams that support all customer facing roles within the assigned geographic region
- Full compliance with Invitae’s CRM solution for the defined geographic region
- Leadership: The successful candidate must be a high energy, charismatic leader who is first a talented, strategically oriented, highly ethical business executive with strong executive presence and presentation skills. He/she will have the skills and ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both the internal and external constituents. He/she will participate by example to ensure a good and compliant working environment, while at the same time maintaining accountability for delivering upon commitments.
- Driving Results: The successful candidate will have an accomplished track record in growing complex organizations. History of success maintaining key relationships, demonstrated ability to drive strategic sales/marketing solutions, demonstrated ability to execute sales strategy focusing on net sales growth while leveraging existing customer relationships into increasing market share and developing and executing plans to deliver new channels of distribution.
- Building and Managing Relationships: The successful candidate will have comfort and experience interacting with key strategic accounts, thought leaders and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) instrumental and other influential healthcare executives in the commercial and research/development continuum that defines the operating complexity of the biotechnology / Personalized Medicine / MDx industry.