The Strategic Programs Office (SPO) is responsible for executing strategic initiatives for the Life Science and Applied Markets Group (LSAG). We have a range of initiatives covering end-customer markets, geographic regions, digital technology, workflow solutions and new business models. These initiatives have common themes of responding to changing customer needs and preferences with a cross-organizational, collaborative approach. Although based in LSAG, the SPO works closely with Agilent CrossLab Group (ACG) to connect LSAG's instrument platforms with ACG's recurring revenues in Services and Consumables.
With our focus on customers and markets, we have an ongoing need for Product Marketing expertise within the SPO to cover both Product Definition and Commercialization for our key projects. This is an exciting and demanding role, as our projects have a strong impact on Agilent's business with visibility at the highest levels of the organization and covering the full range of Agilent's products and services. The role will report directly to the VP of the Strategic Program Office.
Working closely with the Business Model Innovation program manager, your main focus initially will be on Agilent's Instrument Subscriptions program. Our industry-first pilot was announced in August 2020, and we are now working to develop a fully scalable offering. Your role will be to work with colleagues in ACG and LSAG to identify and prioritize customer segments, define the product offerings required to win and lead commercialization efforts.
You will also support other key projects, typically acting as a single point of contact for LSAG's divisional Marketing teams to ensure alignment and resolve priority conflicts.
You will be working with marketing and business leaders across Agilent's functions and geographies, so the ability to work across time zones and cultures will be critical to success. This role will give you the opportunity to play your part in ground-breaking projects that will position Agilent for success over the years to come.
- Developing a Marketing Plan for Agilent Instrument Subscriptions to cover product definition and commercialization,
- Working with customers, customer-facing teams, and division product marketing (LSAG and ACG) to identify, characterize and prioritize market opportunities for Instrument Subscriptions,
- Leading commercialization efforts for the Instrument Subscriptions project. Working with Marketing Program Managers and others to co-ordinate execution across both LSAG and ACG,
- Working with Marketing Communications on the development and deployment of collateral,
- Active participation in the project team on issues such as pricing, channel design and go-to-market models,
- Acting as a single point of contact for LSAG Marketing on a range of strategic projects. Co-ordinating review and resolution of prioritization issues, gaining alignment across a range of businesses,
- Conducting customer research through customer visits, focus groups, formal research studies and alternative research designs to gather direct customer feedback to influence the programs,
- Supporting Program Managers in project planning and execution as required.
Geographical location is not fixed but you will need to be able to work closely with colleagues in the US particularly (East and West Coasts) while also covering Europe and Asia.