We are currently searching for a Instrument Controller Support Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the scientific staff to understand current instrument needs and concerns as well as future plans.
- Establish solid relationships and maintain effective communications with the scientific user community and technical support staff.
- Inventory, document, and secure all existing instrument controllers, including Ophthalmic PACS systems (multiple vendors), Microperimeters (MP1, MAIA, etc), optical coherence tomography systems (OCTs), cSLO cameras, Fundus Cameras, electroretinograms (ERG), sonograms, contrast sensitivity testing, color vision testing, visual field instruments, and electronic visual acuity systems, and optical coherence tomography machine, etc.
- Learn and document technical functions of instrument controllers and scientific software.
- Identify, document, and translate scientific requirements into configuration, scripting, and network access requirements for service desk and systems operations technicians.
- Analyze scientific requirements; develop and implement creative solutions that balance scientific, functional, technical, and security needs.
- Develop custom programs and scripts aimed facilitating solutions and improving performance.
- Train service desk and systems operations personnel on support requirements and best practices for maintaining instrument controllers and scientific software.
- Assist scientists and vendors in deploying, configuring, troubleshooting, upgrading, maintaining, and supporting instrument controllers and scientific software.
- Manage infrastructure and configuration requirements for new instrument controllers and scientific software systems.
- Work with the security, patching, and release management teams to maintain functionality and security of all instrument controllers and scientific software.
- Work with Network Operations to implement and configure firewalls and connect to network and storage resources.