Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
This position will oversee the day to day operation of the Institutional Review Office including funding source and committee review processes to ensure effective efficient implementation of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's policies and procedures relating to protection of human subjects and animals used in research.
- Effective management of staff supporting three functioning units within the IRO: IRB, IACUC and funding review.
- Collaborate with research teams and administrative departments interacting with the IRO.
- Provide education and training for research teams and staff responsible for the conduct of human subject and/or laboratory animal research.
- Evaluate funding proposals and provide certification of funding proposal review to funding agencies.
- Update IRO policies, procedures and education programs when federal regulations, policies or accreditation standards change.
- Bachelor's degree; and either six years research protections experience or eight years FHCRC experience in administrative function; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years prior supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of FDA 21 CFR 50, 56; HHS 45 CFR 46; FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Exemplary communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment in high-demand situations
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with an electronic IRB and/or IACUC systems
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to read
- Demonstrated progressive responsible management experience in research regulation field
- Certified IRB Professional (CIP)
- Ability to assess and delegate assignments to staff, as appropriate
- Experience working with, or implementing, electronic submission systems
- Experience with process improvement methodologies and techniques
- Experience with AAHRPP and/or AAALAC accreditation
- Experience with audits and inspections conducted by outside agencies or accrediting organizations
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2358525-2647-7421