Maintains and utilizes expert product knowledge and highly effective selling skills in order to influence targeted health care professionals to support the use of oncology promoted products. Executes brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message. Improves access to key accounts and the image of Myriad Genetics through developing and leveraging relationships. Establishes and maintains effective communication /cooperation/coordination with Myriad employees.
- * Increase revenue at targeted institutions including improving access to and utilization of existing and future products. Conduct efficiency projects with Genetic Counselors (GC’s) which will require redefining the process for identifying and testing appropriate patients.
- * Build, establish and leverage relationships with breast and colon cancer KOL’s to develop company and product advocates.
- * Engage institution in pre-launch and launch development activities for new products.
- * Accurately communicate Myriad competitive advantages compared to other laboratories: analytical sensitivity, variant program, clinical support, customer service, and patient support.
- * Work with key Myriad functional areas as needed: Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Research, Customer Service, Sales, and Managed Care.
- * Analyzes territory information to optimize HCP calls. Monitors local market conditions for changes that impact business. Develops plans to maximize speaker programs. Adjusts implementation plans on a regular basis (speaker mgmt., advocate development, etc.). Creates opportunities that meet both territory and brand tactics. Completes all administrative responsibilities as directed by management. Successfully completes all Sales Training requirements.
- * Identifies and develops thought leaders, innovators and advocates to support Myriad products. Works with trained speakers for given topics and products. Provides feedback and follow-up to speakers and attendees. Initiates contacts and network-building among advocates and HCP. Develops realistic plans to develop speakers and thought leaders. Manages programs and budgets to stay within standards.
Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain Myriad’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- * Bachelor's degree required, advance degree (Master’s, Pharm.D, Ph.D) preferred
- * Successful oncology institutional medical/pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
- * Strong scientific/technical background (including genetics, but not required)
- * Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications
- * Ability to travel (includes overnight travel)
- * Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Carrying, Communicating, Coordinating