Responsible for working directly with marketing, field sales and customers to generate, qualify, and nurture existing sales leads/opportunities. Will work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in making proper product recommendations and in resolving customer issues. Normally receives little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Responsible for responding to and following up on leads generated through marketing programs, trade show attendance, and inbound customer requests.
- Generate and use customer/market information in outbound activities to create new sales leads.
- Identify and monitor existing opportunities in sales funnel that require nurturing and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of genomics applications, products and associated maintenance contracts.
- Maintain accurate customer contact details, marketing attributes and opportunity management in the CRM database (Salesforce).
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with timely and thorough follow up with internal and external customers.
- Must meet productivity requirements with established recurring activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.