The Innovation Manager is responsible for supporting Beckman Coulter Life Science business development activities by cultivating, finding and negotiating agreements with external innovation partners that help advance the company’s strategy. In addition, the Innovation Managers will partner with the business units and R&D to ensure definition and evolution of the Genomics technology roadmap. Finally, the Innovation Manager will act as the first-line of technology assessment for M&A, Life Science Innovation Center Venture Investments, and/or external development partners that help execute on the Biologics strategy.
- Lead cultivation activities for potential external partners that could fill identified technology gaps
- Own Find and Get stage efforts resulting in negotiated term sheets with selected external partners
- Conduct technical assessment/evaluations of external innovation partner technology to confirm fit, value, and readiness of partner technology and IP
- Manage existing portfolio Intellectual Property estate to ensure appropriate maintenance (e.g. licensing renewals) are complete and keep valued products within the portfolio
- Complete licensing deals required to enable FTO for new product development
- Partner with Strategic Development to develop comprehensive Want briefs.
- Partner with the business unit and R&D to continue to evolve and develop the technology roadmaps aligned with the business strategy
- Partner with the legal team to move high-level term sheets into executed legal agreements and manage the portfolio of resulting relationships
- Conduct regular analysis and communication of developing technology trends through literature revenues, key expert relationships, conferences and competitive technology analysis
- Leverage the evolving Danaher Innovation and Open Innovation toolset to build the OpCo pipeline.