This position works closely with and reports directly to the Infusion and Clinical Trials Nurse Manager. Primary responsibility is to oversee Infusion Services or Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) as the Operations Supervisor. Supervises nurses and support staff. Plans and oversees nursing practice and activities ensuring customer satisfaction and safe environment. Adherence to policies, procedures, standards and regulations are required. Able to use leadership principles and nursing process are to achieve optimal patient services and high quality nursing care.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department/division goals under the direct guidance of the nurse manager.
- Works in collaboration with the staffing coordinator to assure appropriate staffing needs to support the needs of the unit.
- Functions as a clinical role model for staff incorporating organizational initiatives and adapting to changes in clinical care, research and patient safety.
- Applies shared governance principles to daily operations management.
- Collaborates with other supervisors, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Professional Practice Coordinators in the ongoing development of competencies required to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness in patient care and unit flow.
- Approaches work with passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
- Excellent time management. Able to work in a busy environment and meet deadlines.
- Primary contact related to patient care issues and concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hires and coordinates onboarding activities and orientation for charge nurses and support staff
- Provides guidance and support as needed
- Conducts evaluation and performance improvement as indicated. Reports to Manager when staff not able to succeed despite improvement efforts.
- Problem solving guidance and support to staff.
Patient Centered Care
- Ensures the staff provides the upmost patient centered care and interaction.
- Effective in problem solving and addressing difficult situation. Able to apply de-escalation and service recovery when necessary. Alerts nurse manager and/or patient advocate as needed.
- Assures compliance with Institutional and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains quality standards as defined by Regulatory Governing Bodies and Institutional guidelines.
- Provision to maintain appropriate patient care equipment and safety of the environment for patients and staff.
- Facilitates continuing education opportunities to interface with other departments.
- Serves as a point person for Ancillary and Clinic departments.
Evidence Based Care
- Monitors staff education needs and provides support in training as necessary.
- Develop or participates in the development of evidence based policies and guidelines.
- Ensures appropriate continuing education.
- Collaborates effectively with research staff and provides input/orientation as needed to support research activities in Infusion and/or CTU.
Quality and Safety Improvement
- Designs, conducts, review internal quality assurance audits. Evaluates staff performance, takes appropriate action as needed.
- Supports Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI) as the Lean Management Supervisor. Is an active participant and supporter of SCCA performance improvement projects. Does not accept the status quo but encourages staff to continuously improve processes related to patient care and patient flow. Encourage data driven decisions.
- Fosters atmosphere of regulatory compliance and collaboration.
- Monitors, evaluates and report Patient Safety Net entries related to operations and patient flow
- Communicates in a professional and respectful manner when interacting with patients, staff, colleagues and providers.
- Able to provide effective feedback directly to staff and providers in a timely manner.
- Communicates concerns or problems to manager in professional and timely manner.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Current Washington State License as Registered Nurse. Bachelors in Science in Nursing (BSN) or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Leadership, supervisory and ambulatory clinical oncology practice and/or quality assurance experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Health Care Field and specialty training/certification in Oncology.
- Experience in leading projects, process improvements and committee/meetings.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask and lead groups through a complex and fast paced oncology infusion and research environment.
- Competent in basic computer skills. Knowledge of EPIC, CERNER/ORCA, Excel, Word or other medical supporting programs.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2319950-2647-8121