This position provides direct patient care and is critical in the management of our patients being treated with chemotherapy, biologic therapy agents, blood products, immunotherapy/CAR T-Cell infusion, IV fluids and other medications.
The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform nursing assessment prior to each infusion, review relevant lab results, pain assessment and other symptoms.
- Assure the safety of patients by following all procedures related to verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy and blood products.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the potentially hazardous nature of many of the agents administered and uses correct precautions when handling them.
- Follow all procedures regarding safe disposal of any materials used in the administration of chemotherapy or other toxic agents and blood products.
- Communicate patient symptoms including complaints presented upon arrival to the case manager or team nurse.
- Request consultation from social work, dietician or pastoral care staff when patient's situation indicates.
- Document all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2361777-2647-9421