Myriad Genetics is currently seeking one (1) Information Services Help Desk Technician to provide support to end users on a variety of issues. This is a help desk position that remotely supports 400 field based employees with laptop and cell phone problems. The successful candidate will identify, research and resolve technical problems for those employees.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Configures, troubleshoots and supports users email accounts and provides basic support of common office products, such as “Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint” etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Requires an associate's degree or its equivalent and/or 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with Windows XP, Windows 7 and associated support concepts and best practices. Knowledge of Apple products helpful.
- Good understanding of Networking concepts and practices as they apply to desktop and laptop support.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a corporate Desktop/Laptop support environment.
- Able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within particular IT field
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Primary job functions will typically require exercising some degree independent judgment and initiative.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing