The Informatics Group led by Dr. Worthey is multi-disciplinary, comprising research scientists, software developers, informaticians, and computational scientists with a reputation for excellence within the fields of Informatics and Genomics. The focus of the group is 1) identifying and understanding the molecular basis for human disease and 2) application of scientific findings to support selection and alteration of clinical treatment plans in patients. The team is actively engaged with basic, translational, and clinical scientists as well as clinicians and is part of a number of genomic medicine programs including the NIH Undiagnosed Disease Network.
Successful Post-Doctoral candidates will have the opportunity to develop new projects at the interface between big data analytics and genomic medicine. Projects may include tool and algorithm development, development of novel and robust analytical methodologies, and application of these methods and tools to support interpretation of molecular changes in individuals and patients with genetic disease. They will be expected to apply methods for integrative analysis of data, including clinical data, at scale. Potential projects will span rare and common disease including adult and pediatric diseases and oncology. Multiple positions are available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Informatics Team at HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology is seeking Post-Docs who:
- Will assist in interpretation of data to enhance understanding of human disease.
- Will assist in interpretation of clinical data to assist in diagnosis and clinical decision making.
- Will collaborate with physicians, computational scientists, and biologists within our genomic medicine programs.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Have a strong desire to learn and implement new analytical methods.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- A background in biology is desired but not necessary.