Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate and Business Development, the Immuno-Oncology Business Development & Strategic Alliances role will serve as a key member of the Corporate and Business Development team, working closely with cross functional partners and the executive management team to drive and implement the Immuno-Oncology strategy.
Working with members of the cross-functional team, this position will play a leading role in shaping and refining the Immuno-Oncology strategic plan, will be the point person to coordinate company-wide activity related to Immuno-Oncology and will nurture relationships & manage the subsequent business development process / alliance management with academia, biopharmaceutical companies, associations and institutions.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate company-wide activity related to Immuno-Oncology.
- In conjunction with team, develop and refine the strategic plan to capitalize on the immuno-oncology opportunity, including the research and diagnostic product roadmap and partnering approach.
- Develop an understanding of the relevant disease biology, influential KOLs, disease management, new and emerging tools & diagnostics and new and emerging therapeutics in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- Identify, develop and nurture scientific and business IO relationships within academia, biopharmaceutical companies, associations, institutions and other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with evaluation team, prioritize and access best-in-class IO content as basis for new research use only products and diagnostic assays.
- Enter value-creating IO collaborations with premiere biopharmaceutical companies and leading KOLs/academics by applying best-practices across the business development process including:
- Discover and prioritize potential collaboration opportunities by actively prospecting, collaborating with cross-functional partners and leveraging your network.
- Oversee and conduct robust analysis and due diligence to uncover and advance the highest potential opportunities.
- Construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet strategic and financial goals, and effectively negotiate successful outcomes.
- Develop and champion the business case and strategic rationale with Senior Management.
- Take a leadership role in driving IO collaboration implementation.
- Be a proactive and inspirational advocate for NanoString. Establish and build IO network to generate NanoString visibility and leadership.
- Core contributor to Corporate & Business Development team to ensure individual and departmental goals are achieved by providing leadership, team support and driving other key initiatives.