Owing to several internal promotions and moves in late 2015/early 2016, Illumina UK are searching for several FAS's for several districts. Currently we are searching for FAS candidates for London, Cambridge/East Anglia and Scotland.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with Field applications and NGS experience however we are open to considering candidates from related areas with applications experience.
As one of the leaders in Next-Generation Sequencing technology Illumina are growing at 25-30% year on year and are offering a fast moving and fast changing working environment.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The FAS is the primary technical field contact for Illumina customers, and is responsible for all new installations, all customer trainings, and for providing data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support in their territory. The primary goals are to ensure maximum utilization of Illumina systems to drive revenues and sustain customer retention.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training. Reviews and approves operational quality of equipment, and instruct customers in operations and maintenance of system
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments. Interprets customer needs and identifies if the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering, or other company personnel
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
- Helping to maintain and increase product usage, and supporting key account and strategic sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to Marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
- Developing and improving key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics required, OR M.S. + 3 years experience
- Preferred Experiential Background:
- 3-5 years biotech experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field required
- Experience using Genotyping and Sequencing technologies preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly-used Genotyping data analysis software applications and/or Bioinformatics tools and programs preferred
- Demonstrated experience with instrumentation such as liquid handling robotics and optical scanners preferred
- Demonstrated superior problem solving and interpersonal and account management skills in a commercial environment
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service