Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Business Partner is a generalist position with primary responsibility for employee relations, partnering with managers, recruitment and HR projects. The Human Resources Manager partners closely with organization leaders and serves as a trusted advisor to both managers and other employees. The incumbent will address and resolve complex employee relations matters, including issues related to job performance, interpersonal relations and career development. The Human Resources Business Partner also will lead the recruitment process for a wide variety of roles with a primary focus on candidate quality and a secondary focus on time to fill.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- HR Partnering and Employee Relations
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders within departments or operational units, serving as a trusted advisor to organization managers;
- Identifies and responds to current and future human resources needs within departments, and develops and tailors HR programs and processes to address them;
- Provides guidance and coaching to managers and other employees related to people management and human resources topics, such as conflict resolution and the interpretation of organizational policies;
- Conducts investigations and prepares written reports pursuant to complaints and allegations of employee wrongdoing;
- Provides guidance on performance and behavioral concerns and corrective action, and partners with managers on creating development plans as needed;
- Conducts new hire check-ins, stay interviews and exit interviews; and
- Works with internal and external counsel, as needed, to address employee relations and regulatory issues.
- Talent Acquisition
- Builds relationships with hiring managers to understand current needs and objectives;
- Defines job descriptions and develops and implements recruiting strategies that fit organization needs and budget considerations;
- Develops talent pipelines through sourcing methods including internet research, networking, employee referrals, associations, and other sources; recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting; develops a pool of diverse qualified candidates in advance of need;
- Communicates regularly with hiring managers to establish rapport, provide status updates, and determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation;
- Collects, analyzes and distributes feedback to candidates, hiring managers and recruiters throughout the recruitment process;
- Supports and advises hiring managers to ensure effective onboarding and integration of new hires; and
- Analyzes the effectiveness of the recruitment process and recommends continuous improvements.
- HR Projects
- Leads the execution of HR programs, processes, communications, and initiatives such as those related to employee culture, assessing training initiatives, or introducing employee service programs;
- Leads and coordinates the periodic review and updating of all HR policies and SOPs; and
- Other Responsibilities
- Actively contributes to and collaborates with other HR team members, sharing knowledge and practices that will help HR be more effective to the entire organization; and
- Provides mentorship to other HR staff.
- Works collaboratively with the HR team, managers and leaders to ensure coordination, communication and implementation of projects.
- Promotes compliance with all existing and upcoming federal, state and city laws and regulations related to HR;
- Acts as a back-up for other HR staff, including for payroll and leave administration;