The HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology (www.hudsonalpha.org) is a non-profit organization with the mission to use biotechnology and basic biological research to make important discoveries, improve human health, stimulate economic development, inspire young people to seek careers in science and teach members of the public the importance of science in their everyday lives. Located in Cummings Research Park in Huntsville, Alabama, one of the world's leading science and technology parks, HudsonAlpha's campus contains state-of-the-art laboratories for biological research and development, as well as education, in the areas of genomics, genetics and personalized medicine.
The Levy Lab at HudsonAlpha is led by faculty investigator Dr. Shawn Levy. Dr. Levy's 20 years of research experience in genome sciences spans technology development for sequencing and genotyping, computational data analysis, and generating genomic data in a production environment. Under Dr. Levy's direction, the HudsonAlpha Genomic Services Lab (GSL) grew into a premier provider of scientific support services to the international community and one of the top four genome sequencing centers in the country.
The Project Manager will be responsible for tracking and managing requirements of large-scale genome sequencing projects.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
The Project Manager will:
- Serve as the primary contact for external stakeholders
- With assistance from Dr. Levy, provide project feasibility information to include a scope of work, sample details, best course of action, turnaround times and deliverables
- Receive DNA sequencing samples, submit samples to vendor LIMS for sequencing, place orders (experience with Costpoint is a plus), and review DNA sequencing data QC for completion
- Provide regular status updates on turnaround times and sample and data quality
- Provide a monthly progress report to sponsoring agencies
- Ensure delivery of files and metrics to external stakeholders