The HR Generalist will perform Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Conducts new hire orientation.