The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, based in Farmington, CT is seeking a HPC Systems Analyst to plan, design and launch efficient systems in support of scientific research functions and processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data and documenting business processes and requirements. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of HPC IT system investments.
- Based on the scientific needs of the community, identify and recommend innovative solutions, and integrated proposals for server, storage, and network systems, including hardware and software acquisition, installation and administration.
- Install and update scientific and research applications in the HPC environment, document system changes, write and maintain documentation for end users.
- Partner with scientists to ensure that applications and HPC services are current, appropriate and sufficient to serve their needs.
- Investigate application issues, document findings: communicate with scientists to answer questions, troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate computational strategies to process and analyze their data.
- Benchmark application, pipelines and workflow performance, and determine areas for improved efficiencies.
- Stay current with new trends and emerging information technologies and informatics tools, advocate for and lead the adoption of these technologies at JAX.
- Provide guidance, support, training and advice in HPC systems to JAX scientists.