As a full time HPC Systems Administrator at The Jackson Laboratory you'll be part of an organization whose IT technology is as exciting and progressive as our science. You will be responsible for managing high performance computer (HPC) clusters, scale out network attached storage systems (NAS), virtual computing, and cloud computing to support scientific research.
The successful candidate will participate in technical design, configuration, and implementation of server and storage solutions. Now imagine yourself with all the excitement of a start-up company coupled with the stability and support of a well respected and established organization.
- Provide support for server, storage and network systems installation and administration.
- Provide technical support, innovative solutions, and integrated proposals for server and storage systems, including recommendations for hardware and software acquisition.
- Provides documentation/project tracking and management reporting.
- Provides tactical and strategic input on overall systems planning and related projects.
- Researches and evaluates new products and services for applicability to in-house needs. Stays current with new trends in processes and procedures.
- Participation in projects that may include identifying, evaluating, and recommending the acquisition of new hardware and software.
- Assist service desk with end user support.