The Lab Supervisor Specialist will work under the general direction and guidance of Laboratory Operations Management. In this individual contributor role, the LSS will perform job duties in accordance with GMPs, policies and procedures, and testing requirements. The LSS will be responsible for training/advising of technologists and support staff, and providing specialized expertise in assigned technical areas. The LSS will handle laboratory proficiency testing/reporting and evaluate/recommend new testing procedures. The incumbent will apply technical skills and knowledge as it relates to laboratory results and accreditation; handling technical support issues for the department. Also responsible for critical review of patient results and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that technologists are adequately trained. Provides training and technical advice to technologists and other support staff. Promotes uniformity in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and participates in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Regularly reviews laboratory testing procedures and policies to assure that procedures are in compliance with operating procedures and manufacture test guidelines.
- Performs technologist job duties as needed to support appropriate staffing levels.
- Assures that review of test results are timely and accurate and had involvement with reporting patient results
- The Supervisor will direct, develop, and supervise staff to assure reliable, timely, and accurate laboratory results
- Assure that existing and new laboratory procedures are approved, performed correctly and reported properly
- Assure the maintenance of equipment and patient record systems (iv) assist in employee training and cross training
- Perform result review and reporting
- Troubleshoot equipment and assay failures. General experience and knowledge of laboratory licensing, accreditation and regulatory requirements is needed.