Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient’s treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the laboratory team, you will:
- Maintain, proper documentation including proper specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
- Ensure full regulatory compliance, providing test results with the best possible qual
- Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures, and preparation of reagents as required.
- Apply knowledge of good laboratory practice on a daily basis.
- Accession clinical and research study patient samples into the Foundation Medicine LIMS.
- Operate a microtome and/or cryostat to produce slides or curls from FFPE blocks.
- Utilize knowledge and clinical laboratory experience to perform routine and complex histolopathology techniques, including H&E and special stains, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform routine digital pathology techniques including scanning of stained slides with the Aperio ScanScope system, measuring tissue dimensions and recording all data in the FMI LIMS.
- Prepare and initiate samples for overnight DNA extraction digestion.
- Perform QC where required.
- Perform the assigned tests or components of the test in accordance with assay run schedule, always in compliance with written SO
- Score, record, and provide patient assay data to lab directors, pathologists and/or supervisors accurately and within TAT.
- Participate in biohazard, chemical, and radiation safety and other continuing education programs.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you’ll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine’s role to ensure we’re delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
Foundation Medicine is seeking talented and highly motivated Histotechnologists to perform routine testing in a high complexity clinical diagnostic laboratory. As a part of our lab team you will be integral to Foundation Medicines’ culture and mission of transforming cancer care by allowing patients to make informed treatment decisions based on a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. To join our team, you need to be driven to have an impact on the lives of the patients we serve, results oriented, adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic.
**Preferred Hours are Tues - Sat 11am - 7pm