We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques from sample processing to creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Histotechnologists will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Preparation of both unstained and routine hematoxylin and eosin stained slides from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue blocks
- Maintain laboratory equipment and perform troubleshooting in an independent fashion
- Approach work with safety and diligence and follow safety requirements of the laboratory
- Performs routine assignments without specific guidance
- Reliably produce quality finished product
- Accurately document procedures in accordance with standard operating procedures and study protocols
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for new instruments and products
- Supervise other members of the Tempus pathology laboratory
- Utilize microtome, water bath, automated stainer, automated coverslipper, and slide printer
- Collaborates with in-house pathologists for slide quality review
- Ability to use cryostat, tissue processors and stainers
- Bachelor’s Degree; HTL (ASCP) Histotechnologist certification preferred
- Familiarity with Leica automation and associated laboratory software
- Knowledge of CAP regulations.
- Experience with pathology laboratory SOPs and protocols.
- Comfort with laboratory safety and training
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in the laboratory
- Good communication and organization skills