We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and energetic individual who is looking for a position where their work makes a difference in people’s lives. At The Jackson Laboratory, we are leading the search for tomorrow’s cures. As the Manager of the Histology Service, you will lead a team of dedicated and creative professional Histotechnologists and partner with our research staff as they focus on discovering solutions to genetically based diseases. Located in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine, The Jackson Laboratory is a leading global genetics research institute. As we grow and expand, we are seeking talented individuals who are ready to meet this challenge.
The Histology Service Manager:
- Guides the Histology Team and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Histology Service.
- Researches, recommends and introduces new technology and new procedures to meet the research goals of the scientific staff.
- Captures critical metrics; analyzes and reports data. Utilizes findings to improve work environment and daily processes in the Histology Laboratory.
- Collaborates with scientific staff on projects and ensures that their histological needs are met.
- Establishes standards for histological processes and sets the precedent for best practices and high quality production.