At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
High Yield Manufacturing Associate I
We are seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Associate to join the High Yield team in San Diego. You will get a chance to work closely with other members of the group to manufacture our products through various stages of production: monoclonal antibody conjugation, purification, and fragmentation. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performing monoclonal antibody conjugation, purification, and fragmentation protocols.
* Complete all batch records and manufacturing documents according to quality systems standards (GMP) as required.
* Complete production schedule to plan maintaining sufficient output levels
* Works cross-functionally to efficiently release product, resolve problems and provide support to other departments across the organization (e.g., Quality Assurance, Planning, Quality Control, etc.)
* Manage several projects concurrently to meet aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to function, with guidance, in a rapidly changing environment while balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Use root cause analysis tools to complete Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs)
* Participate in corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) related activities, including CAPA ownership if appropriate.
* Must be able to work well independently and as part of a group.
* May perform other related duties that requires effective multitasking.
* B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Sciences field.
* Must be adaptable and flexible to meet changing priorities.
* Must be highly organized and goal-oriented.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Applications and databases is desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Affymetrix, Inc., (NASDAQ:AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. We provide leadership and support, partnering with customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and non-profit research institutes in their quest to use biology for a better world. More than 2,300 microarray systems have been shipped around the world, and more than 94,000 publications have referenced Affymetrix technologies. Affymetrix is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has manufacturing facilities in Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, California, Singapore, and Vienna, Austria. We have approximately 1,100 employees worldwide and maintain sales and distribution operations across Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment and are committed to supporting their aspirations and achievements. We recognize that our strength and competitive advantage lie within providing meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive total rewards programs (e.g., compensation, benefits, development, etc.) reflect our high regard for our employees. For more information about Affymetrix, please visit www.affymetrix.com.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity