We are seeking an experienced, motivated and capable part-time Scientific Curator to join the HGNC (HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee) at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI).
The HGNC is the only worldwide authority assigning standardised human gene symbols and names, and has three key goals:
- providing unique standardised nomenclature for every human gene;
- ensuring this information is freely available, widely disseminated and universally used; and
- ensuring this nomenclature is expanded and utilised across vertebrate genomes.
We are looking to recruit a new Nomenclature Advisor. Your main tasks will be:
- bioinformatic analysis of nucleotide and protein sequences
- curation of online resources, in particular the HGNC database, and
- constant communication with researchers, other nomenclature groups, journals and databases.