Genomic Health (GHI) is seeking an exceptional individual with strong health economics, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills to provide health economics and outcome research expertise for marketed genomic biomarker assays that help cancer patients and their physicians make better treatment decisions. The Health Economics and Outcome Research Lead develops and uses analytical, statistical, and cost-effectiveness models, in the evaluation of budget impact and disease treatment models, in order to enhance GHI's ability to achieve reimbursement, market access, and sales goals. This role researches and conducts advanced analysis to determine optimal contract positioning, pricing, insurance coverage and future research budget needs. The position also conducts analysis to identify effective messaging with health care providers, insurers, patients and regulators to influence adoption, as well as works cooperatively with various members of internal GHI teams and external collaborators to publish study results in peer-reviewed journals and to partner with collaborators for presentation preparation at scientific meetings.
The HEOR Lead must have expertise in health economics and outcome research with experience in the medical diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry, as well as strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Managed Care, Reimbursement, Medical Affairs, Biostatistics, Medical Communications, and Marketing functions.
- Provide health economics, outcomes research, and analytical expertise to Managed Care and Commercial functions for the purpose of enhancing GHI's ability to achieve reimbursement, market access, and sales goals.
- Research and conduct advanced analysis to determine optimal contract positioning, pricing, insurance coverage and future research budget needs.
- Contribute expertise and skills on a wide range of cross-functional collaborative projects to influence health economics and outcomes research strategy for existing and future products.
- Actively participate and/or lead in the development of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts, for publications, conferences, and messaging to customers.
- No direct management responsibilities but may mentor colleagues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in health economics and outcomes research in the oncology and urology fields.
- Familiarity with clinical diagnostics market, especially in genomic tests.
- Sound knowledge of applied statistics. Competency in statistical techniques including regression analysis, data mining, decision analysis, logistic regression, and survival analysis.
- Familiarity with international reimbursement and regulations.