As Head of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for maturing the entire Supply Chain function and team. You will enable the growth of the business by efficiently driving all aspect of Supply Chain: forecasting/planning, logistics, inventory management, procurement, contract negotiation, quality and compliance. You and your team will ensure smooth saliva collection kit shipment to our customer, its safe return to the laboratory, as well as ensure the laboratories are efficiently stocked and capable to grow and scale to the demand.
As end customers, platform partners and laboratories grow in numbers, you will focus on building scalable processes by working collaboratively with your internal customers and your external vendors, with focus on reliability, efficiency gain and cost reduction. As part of the clinical lab operations team, you will help ensure regulatory compliance throughout the Supply Chain function.
As Head of Supply Chain, you will:
- Own the entire Supply Chain function at Helix. In that role, you will build a strong team, and will develop, improve and maintain all the necessary processes to enable the business growth and drive efficiency..
- Build internal processes for forecasting and planning
- Negotiate contracts and manage external relationships that best enable Helix’s needs. In particular, you will collaborate with suppliers to actively monitor their performance in the areas of service, delivery, quality and cost.
- Optimize for speed, reliability and cost the distribution of kits to and from customers.
- Manage inventory levels for optimal use of capital for all the Helix Clinical Laboratories, while ensuring business continuity in an environment with hard to predict demand and rapid turnaround time.
- As part of the operations team of a Clinical Laboratory, you will help ensure compliance to the quality systems in place, minimally CLIA and CAP, for all the Supply Chain operations and all its vendors.
- Recommend investments in software and tools
- Bring year over year cost reduction
- Define and drive challenging KPIs that build a competitive advantage
- Listen to your internal customers and ensure their needs are understood and fulfilled.
- Visit suppliers for site checks (travel up to 20%)