Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our US Operations Team, based in our US HQ in Atlanta, GA, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Head of Strategic Planning & Operations
As the Head of Strategic Planning & Operations, you will work as a right hand to the Head of U.S. Operations, you will be immersed in strategic and operational analysis as well as take a lead role in driving large projects within the business, giving you deep insight and access to the organizational strategy and direction. You will have the opportunity to focus on formulating and implementing strategies to create patient and shareholder value.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and develop innovative approaches in which to evolve the business, recognizing the changing customer landscape and patient value integration.
- Work with US/Global teams (eg. Market Access, Analytics, Legal, Compliance, etc..) to deliver results, share best practices and seek appropriate synergies in operations.
- Drive the process for customer insight plans, 10YP and short-term forecasts, business reviews and input to early stage/business development assets.
- Set the agenda and provide strategic leadership for PMO, Facilities, UCB Cares and Patient Assistance Program, Strategic Meeting Solutions and Internal Operations across the organization.
- Lead a team of 4-6 direct reports, and an organization of 20 to 30 people (including vendors and contractors). Also, lead cross-functional project teams that deliver key value across UCB.
- Be the key strategic partner for commercial stakeholders and co-create plans and priorities for the Strategic Planning & Operations team with them.
- Drive the execution of national operational plans and priorities.
- Drive the performance Management for US Operations by ensuring objectives are clearly defined, measured and actions are taken to address the gaps
- Synthesize and facilitate holistic US Operations narrative for executive leadership
You will contribute by:
- Collaborating with key executives across UCB including Market Access leadership, Corporate Affairs and Insight to Impact leadership and finance/controllers.
- Partnering with these key executives to ask the right questions, and then deliver solutions that create value for both patients and UCB.
- Gaining and then applying a keen understanding of the patients, products, HCPs, other customers, markets, and ecosystems.
- Driving our process improvement strategy and deliver/optimize tools and resources that directly impact patients.
- Evaluating operational spend and deliver insights to improve resource allocation
- Working to ensure appropriate resource allocation, within US Operations to support launches
- Leading the work done by Strategic Planning and Operations teams and external vendors.
- Playing a strategic role in assessing the effectiveness of operations on the commercial organization.
- Identifying preferred support and technology vendors and manage vendor relationships.
- Leading enterprise-wide projects, which may involve:
- US Facilities
- Project Management Office
- Strategic Meetings such as ExCom Affiliate visits
- Internal Operations
- UCB Cares and Patient Assistance Program