Amongst the Technological Research Institutes (IRT) set up by the French government, BIOASTER is the only one in the field of health. Its focus is infectiology and microbiology. In order to transform ideas and concept into solutions for the patient, BIOASTER conducts collaborative RD programs which gather around BIOASTER scientists, academics and, start-ups, SME and pharma in projects co localized in shared laboratories,
BIOASTER Technological Research Institute is a non for profit scientific cooperation foundation with its own infrastructures and resources. Its outmost aim is to promote economic and industrial development and create growth and jobs.
To help develop this organisation, we are looking for a
Head of microbiota PROGRAM (M/F)
As part of the scientific and development strategy of BIOASTER, to which he/she will actively contribute, the head of microbiota program will develop and manage the portfolio of in-house or collaborative research projects in his/her field of responsibility.
The person will coordinate the scientific activity connected with his/her field of expertise, creating effective synergies both internally and externally.
He or she will define research subjects and facilitate the incorporation of know-how and innovations developed by the Technological Units, in response to issues identified by BIOASTER partners, both academic and industrial.
In collaboration with the Business Development unit, he or she will contribute, to building up and maintaining a collaborative network with internal and external structures (academics, industrial partners) involved in the activities of his/her program.
Define and pilot the scientific strategy of microbiota program in agreement with the general strategic lines of BIOASTER,
- Identify potential technological bottlenecks in the Microbiota field in collaboration with academic and industrial partners. Propose and structure innovative projects that contribute to their resolution,
- Liaise with key industrial partners in his/her field with the support of the business development unit,
- Provide innovative responses in his/her field of reference, in collaboration with BIOASTER scientists whom he or she will lead on these subjects,
- Ensure scientific and technological watch in his/her field,
- Complete the stages involved in drawing up and signing a contract for projects or in response to calls for research proposals,
- Represent BIOASTER in internationals meetings and congresses, and globally participate to external communication activities in order to promote BIOASTER scientific reputation
- Represents his/her field in the strategic and steering committees for projects in his/her portfolio,
- Determine the human resource and skill needs, as well as the capacity and equipment requirements for his/her portfolio,
- Manage resources connected with projects in his/her portfolio,
- Manage his/her overall budget,
- Ensure that BIOASTER quality/safety rules and procedures are adhered to and applied.
- PhD in life sciences, at least 10 years' experience in the field of healthcare (academic laboratory, biotechnology, pharmaceutical group)
- Significant expertise in research with an excellent scientific network in the field
- Knowledge and practical experience in methods and technologies for microbiota analysis
- Central laboratory experience
- Experience in managing a team and running projects
- Fluent English and (basic) French.
- Open-mindedness, curiosity
- Listening skills and ability to adapt
- Autonomy, good ability to make proposals and take initiative
- Team spirit, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Force of conviction, resilience
- Excellent organisation skills