The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is an independent, nonprofit research institute recognized as an international leader in developing and accelerating stem cell research and technology to develop cures and treatments for patients.
NYSCF seeks a Head of Laboratory Operations & Administration to oversee day-to-day management of the NYSCF laboratory, including the core facilities functions within the NYSCF Laboratories. The NYSCF laboratory consists of research teams totaling 45 scientists, computer scientists and engineers working across multiple diseases and the NYSCF Global Stem Cell Array, a unique technology platform which produces large numbers of uniform, high quality disease specific and genetically diverse stem cell lines. The Head of Laboratory Operations & Administration will oversee production and execute deliverables for collaborations with academic institutions and sponsored research with other scientific research institutions, biotech and pharmaceutical companies and an expanding variety of other cutting-edge collaborators.
Specific responsibilities of the Head of Laboratory Operations & Administration will include:
- Oversight and day-to-day operational and administrative management of the NYSCF Laboratory, which includes the lab cores functions, Array and sponsored research production teams and engineering group.
- Coordinate and execute deliverables related to sponsored research collaborations, alliances with biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
- Develops and monitors Laboratory timelines and budgets related to project and production execution.
- Previous hands-on management experience in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment overseeing a production facility of equivalent size or larger.
- Knowledgeable about the stem cell field and stem cell biology but not required to be a stem cell biologist.
- Must have extensive industry experience in cell manufacturing and or cell and gene therapy.
- Demonstrated hands on, detail oriented, operational and administrative experience.
- Must be a self-starter that is proactive, organized and results-driven.
- Deep project management experience.
- Must be able to motivate, facilitate and guide the work of the NYSCF Research Institute towards translational goals.
- Important to be flexible and comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, team-oriented nonprofit biotech environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP or GLP laboratory environment.